Re: My visit at the NotaBene List - evangelizing vDos-lfn

O.K., good to know.  So, it's probably a waste of time trying to "XyWrit-ize" latter day NB extensively, as once may have been possible.

I do think there are enough features uniquely present in recent NB_Win so as to justify maintaining a license to that also.  (Not to mention the version explicitly for Apple -- and perhaps also Linux ?)  New features continue to be added, and it remains under active development.

    Jordan

From: John Paines
To: "xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx"
Sent: Sunday, August 28, 2016 10:15 AM
Subject: Re: My visit at the NotaBene List - evangelizing vDos-lfn

Haven't tested the latest versions, but the early releases of NBv10 sustained almost no xywrite continuity (much less so than NB9, which was already wanting in compatibility), and they wouldn't give hope that more compatibility was coming in the future.

Fortunately, vdos emerged around about the same time and now, with vdos-lfn, it's better (at least to my mind) than xywrite ever was under DOS or XP.