Task-switching via Xy

I don't know if my brain is foggy, but I can't think of a simple way to do
the following, and I would appreciate help.
Context: I run a series of XPL programs to process email posts for both
putting up a "digest" of them on a web site and sending the original posts,
created in Eudora, to an email list by FTP-ing them to a remote email server.
Everything runs fine, but the last two steps are in the reverse order of
what would be a bit more convenient. The two steps, as currently ordered, are:
1. Using "dos/nv/x/z start", I launch my Netscape browser to see if the
digest that got put up on the web site looks, just to check it went right.
2. Using "dos/nv/x/z start", again, I launch another program, Putty.exe, to
get a connection to the remote server, so I can instruct it (in Unix) to
send out the emails to the list.
Since the order I need to proceed in is first to do the checking of the
digest on the web site, then to use Putty to send out the emails, I would
rather reverse these two steps in my XPL program. But the problem is: if I
launch Putty first, the XPL halts until the Putty window is closed (which I
want to do only after checking the web site).
So, after this long exposition, my question is: is there a way in Xy to
either automatically switch Window's active window to be the Netscape
window (in which case I can leave the order of the steps as they are now),
or to have Xy stop being concerned with the Putty window, resume processing
with the Putty window still being open, and launch the Netscape window (in
which case, I will reverse the order of the two steps).

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx