From: xywrite-bounce@xxxxxxxx on behalf of Flash
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2018 1:26:56 PM
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: A radical idea: a new XyWrite

Yes, that is the kind of compatibility we should be aiming for. I am a second-generation  Xywriter; I inherited the program from my father. He was a technical writer for hp, intel, and a host of others in Silicon Valley. I remember him mentioning Ventura and that Xy would export directly to Ventura. We should investigate the current apps and what formats they import, and then see whether Xy can be persuaded to export such formats, keeping the underlying engine tightly coded and, of course, the UI as is.

I don’t see much point in investing anything in a Xy upgrade if it remains an island.