Re: VB/Win8

Bill,

Harry's Autohotkey suggestion is indeed a very good one, and if you need
even more control over your keyboard, you can add missing key functions
by using a program like http://www.kbdedit.com/.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxx

*** Lexitec Online ***

31.12.2013 20:22, Bill Troop wrote:
Many thanks for this Harry - - it sounds like it could solve a lot of problems I now face. I really am amazed that it is considered possible to omit important keys (NumLock, all possible numeric keypad codes, PgUp,Dn,Home, End) on 15-inch (!!!) laptops where there is plenty of room for them. Poor left/right click response at the peripheries of the buttom area of the unified touchpad are also concerns. These new laptops are utter marvels, but they are losing basic navigation capabilities!! Unfortunately, the computer press, of which I am now only a very lowly member indeed, is doing nothing to arrest the rot, as should be its function.