Re: Orbis And Other Stuff

Robert, consider the Orbis disk and the upgrade package as two separate items
where the EDITOR.EXE is concerned. The version of the Editor which was shipped
with the first set of Orbis disks was 4.013 (which was not sufficient for this
process). So, even if you installed the new 4.014 revision and then tried to
install Orbis using the A:INSTALL method, the Orbis disk would have dumped the
earlier version over your 4.014. The Orbis disks now shipped have the 4.014
release contained within.

With respect to the update of the XY4 software, I am in agreement that we need
to provide a better way of allowing users to choose the files which are new or
which they wish to reinstall. For instance, we should provide a breakdown of
categories for files, etc. My personal feeling is that when the company was
acquired last winter, the focus of the product which we were to ship shifted
from Windows to the DOS based version. The time constraints on that release may
have had an integral part in this decision. On the same topic, when we provide
an update to the software we sometimes revise the code within the DLG file as
well as some other files. This presents a problem where a customer has modified
any of the files which have been revised. The question to be brought up is how
do we attend to this scenario during an update. Ideally, we would have a
process which would update your customized file with the new code, and prompt
you for your acceptance of this code update. I am open to suggestions which I
will glady forward.

Regards, SysOp