RE: Junk - off-topic - solution

> Agreed. But the main reason seems to be that you can access your one
> account from local telephone numbers just about anywhere you travel. I
> haven't shopped it, but if anyone knows of ISPs less annoying than AOL for
> which this is true, I'd be delighted to hear about it (for the moment I'm
> using AOL on my home computer).
> Peter Brown
> pbrown@xxxxxxxx

I've had no trouble accessing AT&T Worldnet from its local nodes in a
dozen or so cities when I've taken my laptop along on trips. What you
do is set up a new dialing location in the Connection Manager, a very
simple process. The dialer makes a brief 800-number call to get the
current access numbers for your location, and then you log in with that
number. And you can keep all those dialing locations stored, so if you
return to any given location (Grandma's, the Ypsilanti office, etc.), you're
already all set up.

Most importantly, you can use whatever Internet clients you want. I use
Netscape 4.7, Agent, WS-FTP, and Pegasus.

Best,

  K-Mac

  ] Tomorrow morning, all of the guns will stop working.
  ]      What will happen tomorrow night?
  ] THE TRIGGER, a new novel by Arthur C. Clarke & Michael Kube-McDowell
  ] Visit me on the Web: http://K-Mac.home.att.net