From: xywrite-bounce@xxxxxxxx [mailto:xywrite-bounce@xxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Bill Troop
Sent: Tuesday, June 6, 2017 7:37 AM
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: OED redux

Easy instructions for accessing OED online have been published in this list,
but I don't wish to draw attention to them again. Anyone who wants to know
the simple trick, please email me.

A supreme advantage of OED online is its integration with HTOED, a resource
arguably even more remarkable than OED itself. This makes it preferable to
all CD-ROM OED versions published so far.

By contrast, HTOED in book form is exceptionally cumbresome to use.
At present, online and book appear to be the only ways HTOED is available.

(I must admit I like having a one-volume Shorter OED handy.)