Re: Kerning?

** Reply to note from "R Tennenbaum"  Fri, 14 Feb 97 23:05:44 -0400

> I give up -- I just can't seem to get any sort of driver to make this
> change -- neither HPDJ550C.PRN nor HPDJ500.PRN will kern using the PI
> (RJ's or TB's), however I iterate it (using:

> 	COURIER10
> 	SZ=12PT
> 	SY=23Z,0,0,3

> in a style, with JUstification off.

What printer do you have? I thought a laser; these are DeskJet PRNs. I
have one H-P DJ660C on the plantation here, and I use printer file
_HPDJ560C.PRN_ dated 10/6/94 (not the same as the files you mention,
although I suspect not much different either, because inkjet printers are
all pretty much the same). Pure PCL stuff. Using your Speedo specs
above (COURIER10 etc), I get expected results. I'll DL the PRN to your Email
address.

> Incidentally, I had never seen IDKEY.PM -- astounding, marvelous.

It really is (when it works, which isn't always, for reasons I could
never quite nail down). How/where did you get hold of IDKEY? I haven't
even mentioned it for years; had no idea that it was publicly available...

> I may try reinstalling REORGaNIZe, which I
> couldn't get loaded -- pray, if I have smartset.U2 running just fine,
> where in it should I merge/append reorganize.u2?

MErge it (using XyWrite) at TOF Top_Of_File.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx