Re: XyWrites 4 and 5 (was: RE: Dataviz and xyW)

Leslie Bialler saw SmartWords

> demoed at the Tech Group. I believe you will be able to
> introduce it to all, and they'll almost think they're using Word.

Is this praise or condemnation?

>> if you have to use Windows, what programs do
>> most of you prefer as far as word processing goes.

For English (sometimes sprinkled with bits of other European languages) I
use XyWin; for Japanese, usually Word--but only because WordPerfect 6J has
problems and I got Word 97J free whereas I'd have to pay real money for a
newer version of Japanese WordPerfect. (For writing web pages, etc., I
usually use this or that text editor.)

>> I have the option of using MS Outlook or
>> Word Perfect's Corel Suite manager.

I've never used either. I believe that some people prefer Outlook Express
to Outlook, and not only because the former is free. Remember though that
just because MS products are so widely used and MS so widely disliked,
there will probably be more Melissa-style "virus" attacks targeting or
utilizing MS mail software.

Peter Evans