re HP5 driver

"[ ... ] TTG says it has no plans to write [an HPLJ5] driver. [ ... ]
Extensive tests show, however, that the HPLJ4 produces only gibberish. The
postscript HP4 does work. [ ... ]"

The HP5 can print PS code only if it's set to print in PS mode. Before
wasting more time testing, rtfm. Switch the HP5 to PCL mode to use it with an
HP driver (although it's beyond me why anyone who could do either would
voluntarily print with Speedo, not Type 1, fonts).

"How is the company going to prosper and grow, Ken, if you won't spend
resources on supporting a new generation mainstream $900 laser printer?"

The haste of some subscribers to blame TTG for every problem incurred by
switching hardware, platforms, and OSes never ceases to amaze me. 	--A

========================== annie fisher  nyc