help!

Hi everybody,
         I have a problem. Twice in the last month, my computer went down (from viruses and/or spyware). This last time, the computer fixit guy had to wipe out my hard drive and put everything back with the help of the microsoft and dell disks i had. He also saved my xywrite. So far so good. But one thing: When i try to store a file onto xywrite/editor on the hard drive, the command field says, "access denied." This does not happen on my a: drive with the floppy. But i am writing a book (revisions dues Friday!) and lots of my notes are on the hard drive. The material is still there, but i can't make changes and store there. I have a feeling that the computer guy, who knows nothing of xywrite, made a mistake in reinstalling it. It's as if it's on "read only," but that box is not checked in the settings (or whatever they're called).
          Other pertinent info: I'm using xywrite III plus, version 3.56. I have the lousy microsoft millennium. And i know very little about any of this....And by the way, on my desktop, i now have two icons for xywrite: "shortcut to xywrite" and "editor." I wonder if they're interfering with each other.
          Any help, in the most lay language possible, is extremely appreciated.
          Thank you...Leslie Savan