Re: OT: Web runs slow after RAM upgrade

Re my earlier inquiry below: never mind! I looked on the web, as I should
have done in the first place. Turns out that "chunk" size has little effect
on anything, and that 512 (the default) is the best anyway. As to
minfilecache and maxfilecache, I saw so many contradictory things, that
after a while and after some experimenting, I just am winging it.

--Harry
Perhaps you wouldn't mind answering two questions (and this is re Win98). This is way-off topic, so I'll understand if you decide not to reply.
1. My system.ini has a Vcache line defining "chunks"--mine being set (not
by me) at 512.  I take it that this is the "unit" used in defining
minfilecache and maxfilecache. I have 512 megs of RAM, is 512 (kilobytes?)
an optimal "chunk" size?
2. At the Windows Annoyances site, the instructions say to first use My
Computer/Properties to set the min. and max. cache file size to the same,
before changing system.ini. Is this necessary? advisable?

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx