Re: XYWRITE DEVEL

 > The value of Windows (which isn't even an OS, one of the
> reasons the OS debate is so silly) is that it allows the
> sharing of common resources, such as fonts, printer files, and
> so forth.
> > And the value of computing is not how many commands one knows
> but what one can do. A GUI makes such programs as Quark,
> Fontographer, or Fractal Painter possible. And a common
> character set allows easier data sharing.
> > As far as colors or other configuration options go, you can run
> different instances of Xywrite or different instances of
> Windows itself depending on what you want when. It's only a
> question of time-value.
> > Windows may make it easier for dumber people to do dumber things,
> but there's a hell of a lot to learn to use it efficiently.
> Chet,

1. On colors: Sorry, but XyWin is totally inflexible about
colors. I have configured my Windoze basic colors to maroon on
grey, which is of course what XyWin defaults to. My Dos is your
basic boring light grey on blue, but my italics are grey on
violet, my bold white on green, my superscripts grey on red, my
inserts are black on green, my deletes are black in red.
If you know a way to duplicate that in Windoze, I would like to
hear it.

2. If I were working in the programs you mention I would use a
Mac. For
Graphics you can't beat 'em. For text, you can't beat a PC running Dos.
If you're gonna do GUI, then do it right. Boot up Windoze and
you see icons and toolbars and squiggles and this is supposed to
be easy to use???? Boot up a Mac and a six year old can get into
a graphics program. I just wish they would make a 2-button
mouse.

Reader warning: I am dyslexic and have severe problems with
right and left and figuring out, on those tests, which shape is
the same rotated into a different position.

--Leslie--