Re: cutting and pasting from Xy(XXX) to email proggies

" This is a known problem and has been discussed before on the list. TTG seems not
" to care about bugs so I've been using NB whenever I need to copy more than (I use
" about 500 characters) either in or out of a XYWrite file.
" Dick Giering

	A 'typical' screen is 22 lines x 80 characters
	= 1760 characters. 22 lines is about half
	a printed page (55 lines or so).

	Why not make the screen show more lines?
	XyDos can be set for more lines that 22 shown,
	assuming you are using cut and paste from what's
	visible.
"
" RJW823@xxxxxxxx wrote:
"
" > A question about Xy and e-mail. Rather than compose in the AOL mail form, I
" > sometimes use XyWrite (4.12 windows) so that I can more easily come back to
" > it if interrupted. Through trial and error I've found that the limit of text
" > I can copy from Xy and paste into the e-mail form is about 500 words.
" > There's no problem copying any reasonable length in XyWrite. The problem
" > arises when I copy, say, 700 words; then the paste function in AOL becomes
" > inoperable. That limit seems not to apply if I write in Word or notepad, but
" > I don't much like those MS programs. Is the hangup in Win98, AOL, or
" > XyWrite? This isn't a huge drawback, but I'd like to overcome it if I can.
" > Caution: I'm a programming illiterate.
" >
" > Robert J. White
" > 4721 Girard Ave. S.
" > Minneapolis, MN 55409