RE: printers for xywrite

At 1/12/01 01:40 PM -0600, Rob Perschau wrote:
The 3hplaser.prn printer driver works fine with the HP, Epson and Lexmark
printers in our office. These printers range from brand new to 5 years old
or older. The same driver sometimes works with newer HP color inkjet
printers. When it doesn't, we use 3dj5-10u.prn.
I asked a similar question a few weeks back after getting an Epson printer
with a new computer. The replies indicated in general that the less
expensive printers, of which the Epson was one, are so-called Windows
printers, that is they do not have the on-board software to work in DOS. It
was suggested here that the HP line of inkjects does have that capability.
I have to import into Note Bene and print from there to get the cheap $99
Epson to work.

Michael Norman