Re: XyWrite/Windows XPL

Bob, I definitely don't want to get into a flame war on this, so this is
going to be my last message on it.

All I was saying is that if someone knocks on my door and wants me to
write a book on a word processor besides the one that I happen to like,
I'm not going to refuse. I'll boot the sucker up and start. Documenting
competing products is routine for most free-lance tech writers because
the people who hire look for expertise in broad areas and types of
software, not individual products. A word processor is only a tool. If
you only own a hammer, all the problems start to look like nails. . .

And experience with competing products is a plus because it gives you
perspective . . . for example, if I didn't use Word for Windows, I
wouldn't know how poor XyWrite is for WinHelp and HTML . . .
And how Word Basic compares to XPL. And how buggy WFW is. :-)

But writing about competing products is not, in my view, an ethical/
moral issue . . .

Cheers,
Art

Art Campbell     artc@xxxxxxxx      72227.1375@xxxxxxxx