Re: Garamond

XyDOS included only Dutch and Swiss proportional fonts. Bitstream offered a
set of Speedo fonts for WordPerfect 6 that included "ClassicalGarmnd", which
is my default font. The set also included "Geoslab712", which would probably
be a good serif font for faxing, but it isn't nearly as elegant as
ClassicalGarmnd.

If only Bitstream would loosen up a bit with Speedo fonts. They sell
Truetype and Type1 typefaces at very attractive prices. They even released
Charter to the PostScript community. But Speedo still goes for what? $75+
per typeface. Is there *really* a market they are protecting?   [A few
years back I talked with a company that produced font conversion software.
They said they easily convert to Speedo format from other forms, but that
Bitstream would not allow them to offer the facility commercially.
Grrrr.]

Myron