Re: New subscriber

Reply to note from Richard Giering
Sun, 30 Aug 1998 11:40:37 -0500

-> My main claim to fame was being the Design Engineer and Vice-
-> President of Mead Data Central responsible for version one of
-> what has become LEXIS/NEXIS. In some circles, I am credited
-> with being its inventor.

How nice to find that out, Dick. Years before the first PCs, I used
to spend hours at those giant, dedicated Lexis terminals, mesmerized
as though at a magic show. I thought the introduction of "dot
commands" several years later was a fantastic advance--and my
habitual use of them was one of the reasons the Xy command line
later seemed so natural.

So ... a retroactive "welcome aboard"!

Carl Distefano
CLDistefano@xxxxxxxx