Re: Archive bit on directories

incorporates that date as the /d: parameter in the batch file)
gets copied. In 98 at least, the docs for xcopy say that without
a date, only those files are copied whose source file is newer
than the destination file. But does that include nonexistent
files?
Yes, assuming you mean files added since the last backup. I think what
xcopy does is look at each source file's date then copy it over *unless*
the same filespec with the same date already exists on the backup. But it's
easy to try it out: just make up a new file and see if it copies it over.
And suppose the destination is a CR/DVD-RW, or a flash
drive, and the backup copy has been looked at or otherwise
modified, but you still want it to be overridden?
I can't imagine that: you mean you call up a backup drive's file, then
change it on the backup drive only? For shame!

Regards,
Harry

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx