Re: Xywrite history, Ken Kalfus: query on a detail

I produce heavily formatted technical documents, with extensive graphics, on XyWrite for Windows, sometimes on Signature.

To convert for other users, I open my XyWrite for Windows in WordPerfect (I use versions 6 and 8)
and save it in WordPerfect's native Windows format. From there, I can import it anywhere, even to
Word, with retention of formatting. Table formatting and embedded block formatting is lost, however.
When you install WordPerfect, you have to specifically mark the XyW 3+/4 conversion filter,
otherwise it is not installed.

Valmond Ghyoot

≫> Ken Kalfus  2005-08-11 20:14:03 ≫>
It's a fairly easy procedure. I open Word, go to the Insert menu, and then Insert File. I type in
the DOS address and up comes the file. Then first thing I do is delete the end-of-text command that
comes with each XyWrite file, represented by a square box at the bottom of the inserted text. After
that it's a matter of re-formatting for the best presentation (i.e. choosing font and type size),
and manually replacing the MDUL and other XyWrite formatting commands with Word formatting.

 I leave the original XyWrite file intact.

Ken

Bruce Felknor  wrote:
Disclaimer: I post this because it may interest other users who are writers but not techies.

Ken Kalfus writes:

>Since 1991 I've used XyWrite III+ to write four books. It seems to work fine on Win98, but I have to copy the file to MS-Word for printing or email, a procedure I've grown so accustomed to I don't think twice about it.<

What process do you use to copy from Xy to Word?

Bruce

This message (and attachments) is subject to restrictions and a disclaimer.
Please refer to http://www.unisa.ac.za/disclaimer for full details.
≪≪gwavasig≫≫
≪≪ gwavasig ≫≫