Xy-OS/2 shell question

A question for Carl -- though actually I think this might be more along
Robert Holmgren's line, except we haven't heard from him in ages -- I'm
trying to use O2.CMD to start a session of the OS/2 System Editor in
the foreground, but I'm a little confused about tweaking the parameters
to have it run just as I wish. It should, as seamlessly as possible,
call up a particular file within e.exe to the foreground.

I seem to be close but not quite there; with

	O2 e.exe C:\NEWS

I can get e.exe to come to the foreground, but not without going
through a full screen cmd session -- which I can deal with, I guess,
except it's a little disorienting and un-seamly, shall we say.

OTOH, with

	 O2 /b start e.exe C:\NEWS

I can call up the file without going through a full screen cmd session
-- but the System Editor is still in the background, where I need
another keystroke or two to get it back.

--Rafe Tennenbaum
raphaelt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.ray-field.com