Re: Windows 10

PS. I will almost certainly stick rather than sick ..

On 22/12/2017 12:18, Paul Breeze (Redacted sender paul.breeze for DMARC)
wrote:
I am planning to build a new system soon as the current is around ten
years old and I thought I would have a look at Windows 10 so I
downloaded and installed the ISO in a virtual machine. Well, it did not
ask for my shoe size but it wanted to know just about everything else
about me before it would install and start. While I had some fun
thinking up ludicrous email addresses and names, I found it astounding
that this is where we are now. Give Microsoft your life or you cannot
use the software. (Of course MS is not alone in this but it seems more
excessive than anything I have encountered before.)

My reason for posting is to find out if there is any known way of
avoiding all this and simply entering a username and password to get the
software to load. Given what I have seen I will almost certainly sick
to Windows 7 but if there is any workaround it would be useful for
future reference.

Thanks

Paul