Re: Getting Xy4Dos Up & Running on T61 with XP-Pro

Prof. Poirier: I have no file named "startup.ini," so far as I know.
At least, I am not familiar with it, or with the "ini" extension. Are
you talking about Xy4Dos? If it's just a typo, and you mean
"startup.int," then you may have proposed an additional creative
workaround, for which I thank you.
  I'm going to try Carl's suggestion first. Will report back in to
headquarters later. Over and out.
-- Peter Goldberger

M.W. Poirier wrote:

 If I correctly understand your problem, and...

 If you cannot get things to work in the way Harry and Carl are
 suggesting, _and you are pretty sure what the problem is_, an
 alternative way would be to modify startup.ini on your desktop,
 and copy the resultant file to yout laptop's c:\xy4 directory,
 assuming that is where you've located EDITOR.EXE.

 If you follow this route, make sure you make a backup copy of
 your STARTUP.INI file that is on your desktop before modifying
 anything. There is no need to ruin two setups.

 M.W. Poirier

------