Re: Changing e-mail programs.

At 12:57 AM 6/16/02 +0900, Yo Intl. YK wrote:

>At 11:49 Uhr -0400 15.06.2002, Norman Bauman wrote:
>>
>>One problem with Eudora -- it sometimes trashes the inbox and loses mail. I
>>created a separate inbox, "IN02" and move my email there frequently.
>
>The only problem I ever had with Eudora was when I let the trash folder get
>too big (over 6,000 messages I remember).

Why is that "too big"?

>But even then it only began
>hanging, it never trashed any mailboxes or lost mail.
>
>I only know Eudora Light -- no interest in the higher, bigger versions.
>Maybe they are less stable.

I use Eudora Light 3.0. I was going to upgrade when I ran into that problem
I described.

I have heard that the later versions allow you to do boolean searches of
messages. Anybody know anything about that? If it's a plain search, it will
take forever, but if it's an indexed search, it should be reasonably fast.

Norman

Norman Bauman
411 W. 54 St. Apt. 2D
New York, NY 10019