Putting a character on CMLine in specified column--DONE

Never mind--I wrote a short XPL routine using VA$P. to get the length of
the path-display.
Does anyone know a way to output a character to a specified column (e.g.,
column 79)? In text I would use the JMP command, but I don't know how to
specify a position for the CMline. I can't use relative positioning, such
as a bunch of Cursor Rights, because the left hand edge of the printable
region on the CMline varies with the content of what's showing there,
particularly the varying display at the far left of the logged into drive
and path.
It would be very helpful if I could put a flag character, such as ^, in a
specified position, far to the right where it won't get easily overwritten.
(Tame will use that flag character to know that it needs to re-load its
settings.)

Thanks,
Harry