Re: NB filter question

Harry Binswanger wrote:

> >Right. And often, in doing those workarounds, you find that XyWrite can do
> >something you didn't even know it could do. I'm still finding things out about
> >it.
>
> Absolutely! Am I the only Xy-old-timer who didn't know the following:
> if you put CD up on the command line, with no directory specified, and hit
> ENTER, it changes to whatever was your previous directory!

Why quite so, Harry! Thanks. I didn't know that myself. Works like a charm. And
it's useful for me, too, because I have a directory called AUTHORS, with
subdirectories for each project I'm working on. I keep a lot of standard stuff in
the AUTHORS directory, and often have to toggle back and forth.

> It's probably in the (wonderful) old Xy3 manual, but who ever reads through
> manuals?

That _is_ a wonderful manual and I still have my copy of it. And also that XPL
booklet that the old management would sell you. It came with a disk and programming
examples. Remember?

lb136@xxxxxxxx
212-666-1000 x7109 (phone) 212-316-3100 (fax)