xyW goes to college (was HP5)

"Until about a year ago, Smith College was a XyWrite campus."

Dorothy: That's one of the saddest things I've read on the list. Wonder what
Smith switched to. Another win3 word processor?

"My Nota Bene-trained daughter successfully overcame the crippled keyboard
mappings and survived 4 years."

Is the NB keyboard mapped differently in essentials (BC, XC, CC, DF, etc.,
AS, NX)? Smithies weren't allowed to customize .kbd files and reload xyWrite
when they finished? Or would that have caused some network problem? I always
thought the worst single marketing mistake XyQuest made was, when it started
reading the trade press flack about xyWrite being difficult, in not getting
an interface wizard to remap the default keyboard from scratch. XyQuest
seemed to think A La Carte was the answer. Not.

"There are many hundreds of others graduated over a 6-8 year period, who have
probably moved on to other programs/platforms, but the seed was planted. ...
And I'd guess there may have been other XY campuses. ... If TTG launched a
national search, another generation might yet be retrieved."

Well, if they all had to use out-of-the-box xyWrite and weren't encouraged to
play with it, they'd have little incentive other than speed to revert. They
never learned the more compelling reason to use xyWrite. 	--A

========================= annie fisher  nyc