Re: U2 version 119

** Reply to message from Judith Davidsen  on Tue, 03
Jan 2006 15:48:15 -0500

Judith:

>> Ah, OK, the U2 command ST -- yes,
>> I see what you mean... OK, fixed.

> Not really. I'm using the version you just fixed, and now cmline
> STore  jumps to an otherwise blank black page to pose
> the overwrite question and then, upon my response, returns me to
> a blank blue (my XY background color) screen--no command line, no
> status line, no nothing. To get out of this new twist, I still
> have to toggle to Windows, right click the XY box, click close,
> convince Win I really want to close, and then restart XY.

I misunderstood. I thought you couldn't see the Y/N Overwrite prompt -- so I
displayed it on a blank screen instead. I assumed that, because you couldn't
see the instructions of what to do, you were hitting some key that was freezing
the computer -- somehow (well, it made sense at the time...). Anyway, I can't
reproduce your behavior; XyWrite does not freeze for me. I emerge from the
STore command with the file, indeed, Stored and gone, but everything else alive
& well. Like you, I'm running full screen. Lemme try this under XP SP2...
that works perfectly too.

It's a Mr. Jones situation ("something is happening but you don't know what it
is, do you"). I have a presentiment of OOM, though (OutOfMemory). What value
does this command report on the PRompt line?
 VA/NV $M+6
Have you got a lot of "stuff" (little or big programs) loaded on keys? There
are more economical ways of keeping those ready for instant use than loading
them on keys...

R.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx