Editing .exe and .com files

On 5-SEP-1995 11:42:35.3 xywrite said to LESLIE319
  >I believe editing binary files in Xywrite will run afoul of some word
  >processing habits, such as the problem with a Control-z (decimal 26, hex
  >1A). In most of the versions of Xy and NB, the file ceases to import at
  >Control-Z.

  Call up your preferences menu, go to the directory option and
you will find a dialog box (DOS and WINDOWS versions) that asks
you whether you want to ignore EOF markers. Click on "yes" and
you will be told you can do this only temporarily. That's fine,
as you surely don't need this option most of the time anyway.
Close your menu, call the file you want, et voila.

  ASCII 174 and 175 are perhaps not available, but everything
else should be insofar as I know. If anybody knows better,
please jump in!

Regards,

--Leslie--
`[1;35;42mRainbow V 1.19.1 for Delphi - Registered