Re: Xy5 progress--and a query for you

Dear All

Are we trying to build a 32 bit version of XY4 or a version of NB12 that we like? Personally I want XY4 and all the features that contained. I am not bothered about new features from the latest versions of NB.

Paul

On 14/12/2018 21:54, J R FOX wrote:
Agreed.

    Jordan

On Fri, 12/14/18, Myron Gochnauer  wrote:

  Subject: Re: Xy5 progress--and a query for you
  To: "xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx"
  Date: Friday, December 14, 2018, 10:05 AM
    > ...features of Nota Bene 12...
  >
  > KEEP:
  > Editing; Formatting; Headers and
  > Footers; Footnotes and Endnotes;
  > Styles; Numbering; Spell Check;
  > Printing; Customization and Programming (=
  XPL)

  > LOSE:
  > Manuscript Files; Tables and Columns;
  > Frameworks and Outlines;
  > Academic Styles; Math Functions;
  > Images/Objects and Frames; Index and
  > Table of Contents; Orbis; Ibidem; Ibid
  > Plus; Lingua; Archiva
    Columns (parallel and
  snaking), Index, and Table of Contents have been parts of
  XyWrite at least back to version II or II+, so they are
  probably part of the core code. Taking them out may be
  harder than upgrading the code. Outlines came considerably
  later, but many people find them (in their collapsible form)
  very helpful for organization and perspective with longer
  documents.