Re: Icons in taskbar OT

Harry Binswanger wrote:
Brian wrote:
Right Harry, and I think this "no customized taskbar icons" thing starts
with XP.
Nope, because I have the right behavior on my older XP laptop. It's some
setting somewhere, but I can't recall where.
I just rebooted into XP (Home) and dragged a few shrotcuts to the
Quick Launch area of the Taskbar (the end foreninst the Start
button): Tbird, Firefox, Process Explorer, and Xy itself. All had
their proper icons without my doing anything, even Xy, whose icon
is the Green Xy that somebody designed. The Xy one I created by
dragging editor.exe to the QL bar, then saying Create shortcut.
Then I opened the Properties page of my regular desktop shortcut
and sync'ed them
I have a toolbar of my own with shortcuts to all drives (4 hard
disk partitions, floppy, CD, and flash drive). Changed the icon
for the flash drive one, and it took.
I have no idea what setting could be different that would allow
this. I will have to do extensive work on one of the XP boxes at
the office this week and next (complete reinstall, to cure a case
of terminal bit-rot) and will try to remember to do some
experiments on both.
Now the titlebar of a DOS app (or a DOS prompt, command.com or
cmd.exe) is another matter: that you CANNOT change, and it
started in W2K. IIRC, I asked about that when I first started
using W2K at the office and no one knew how to change it. More
BBBG knows best!
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx