Re: Zyindex ( non zywrite question)

At 09:19 AM 10/20/04 -0400, Michael Norman wrote:

>I use dtSearch, a first-class indexing program. I'm working with over 150
>transcribed interviews. Program tech support is good and they constantly
>issue new builds...without charging. My files are in MSWord97 and XyDos
>4.018. Yes, there are some limitations, but, overall, the program works well.

ZyIndex used to hide the XyWrite format coding and sometimes it recognized
and formatted the coding.

dtSearch displays the coding. It actually treats my XyWrite 3.55 files as
ASCII or ANSII text files. I couldn't figure out a way to hide the coding
in dtSearch.

Is there any way to get dtSearch to recognize files as XyWrite rather than
treat them as text files -- other than giving all the XyWrite files the
same extension?

Norman Bauman
411 W. 54 St. Apt. 2D
New York, NY 10019