"package" used by Boxer to run XY. You can "reveal" its contents to see the DOS config
file and the contents of what will appear as Drive C.

Myron

On 2011-11-07, at 5:43 PM, Jeff Seager wrote:

The primary intent of DOSBox programmers was to provide an emulator for DOS-based games.
I found it rather quirky for XyWrite
, but I think you may get what you want in the long run by
experimenting and searching the web for answers. DOSBox appropriates some of the function
keys we were conditioned to use in XyWrite, and those conflicts were a nuisance to me. I didn't
persevere long enough to sort that out.

Very important settings for DOSBox are contained in the file Dosbox.conf ... This resource
may help:
http://www.dosbox.com/wiki/Dosbox.conf

I still have a laptop running Windows 98SE. For as long as that holds up, it provides a pretty
satisfying Xy experience. I have a handful of such older computers lying around, still functional
 in the same sense that a hammer and nail are still functional in an age of nail guns, and a
copy of DOS 6.22. Eventually I may repurpose a little-used 6GB hard drive in one of those,
retrograding to a more perfect world for XyWrite. If I can play Leisure Suit Larry or some
other old game on the same machine, I guess that'll be a bonus.

Cheers,
Jeff Seager