RE: Xy4 Setup

** Reply to note from xywrite@xxxxxxxx Fri, 15 Jan 1999 10:01:20 +0900 (JST)

I said:

> as a test, I put "sie" in my personal SPL file

That's without capitalization. The sentence I checked was:

"This is a test of sie and Sie and SIe and SIE and so forth."

That includes "sie", without capitalization. Xy showed no desire to change it.
Why would it? (Unless, of course, you have "Sie" in your SPL file -- do
you? The whole point is to enter it as "sie", set ZC=1, and *case is respected*!).
Anyway, wouldn't it make more sense to use a German dictionary? Then you don't need
to fool around with SPL files for German texts (plus you can build a German SPL
file, and load it for German texts only).

The point, Rene, is that the anomalies that you are not-complaining about are
readily addressed in most cases. Gotta be flexible! You don't have to eat XPL.
But if you want to solve problems, XPL is the path that XyWrite opens for you. The
KBD file is only one component of this beast, and very secondary. It's more like a
launchpad. XPL is the rocket.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx