Re: RTF conversion and

Patricia M Godfrey wrote:

I think it's too much to expect that heavy formatting is going to come
over from any application format to the other. (If SOMETHING could just
get "smart" apostrophes over, I'd be eternally grateful.)

Patricia,

Ansified XyWrite lets you insert true ANSI smart apostrophes (and, in general, any ANSI 1252 Windows codepage character) without any problem: open and close single quotes, open and close double quotes. I have those characters assigned to key combinations in my Ansified XyWrite keyboard. Unfortunately, it would appear that I am the only user of Ansified XyWrite in the whole world. Obviously, I use very few XyWrite formatting because the final appearance of my documents is developped in Corel Ventura. Anyhow, the use of HTML labels is always possible and, in fact, I use Ventura labels in my XyWrite files. As you have pointed out, this is the more feasable way to manage conversion proceeding to Word or any existent format.
By the way: if someone on our list locates by chance a copy of Symantec
GrandView 2.0 (or, at least, the manuals), I would be very grateful if they would contact me privately.

Best regards, Manuel Castelao