Re: [Off Topic] Windows Genuine Advantage

J R FOX wrote:

Well, I doubt the big Enterprise customers would stand
for this

No way they would!
I bought mine for about 30 bucks over the
regular (discounted) price for W2K Pro or XP Pro. (Prices are declining, as Vista approaches.) These
are genuine installation CDs, with the serialized
certificate of authenticity, hologram, and shrinkwrap
-- not bogus copies. They pass sny letitimacy tests,
require no S/N input, no activation code, and can
receive all patches at will.  All you need
is a decent, regular computer show in your area, and
you'll find some merchants there who do this.
Not in this neck of the woods. I've gotten regular OEM
copies (that's how I get all my opsys, and most of my
software--WordPerfect and Lotus Millennium suites are
frequent items, at ludicrously low prices), but I've
never seen what you're describing.
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx