R: XyWin Loss of Functions

> When attempting to set a snaking-column format through the toolbar
> menu I received a "Cannot create snaking columns inside a column
> table" error message even though the document was without any
> formatting whatever, and certainly not a column table.
>
> Can those more familiar with the XyWin menuing files explain why
> they should fail under Windows 98/NT with these symptoms when I
> had experienced no such problems under Windows 3.1?

On my office, I'm using XyWin under Windows 95. And from time to time I
have the same problem. Until now I didn't discover what is causing this;
the file(s) in which the problem occurs are apparently not different from
other files, nor they are longer or more complicated. I only verified that
with "that" file(s) I always have the same problem. Exiting Xy and
reentering did not fix the problem. I worked around this inserting the
table commands in expanded view.

Adriano Ortile