Re: Bottom-Of-File [BF] Question

Reply to note from "J. R. Fox"  Wed, 31 Jul 2002
17:51:35 -0800

> > The rule of thumb, in Xy4 as in Xy3, is that you use NI when
> > you need it.
>
> In other words, a good thing to try whenever something related
> to the keyboard file is misbehaving.

Typically, the misbehavior addressed by NI happens with Ctrl- or
Alt-key combinations: Garbage Out when the principal key is
depressed or when Ctrl or Alt is released.

Another salubrious .KBD-file technique that's been discussed here
from time to time is to rename the designations for the CAPS, SHIFT,
ALT and CTRL keys to non-standard names (e.g., I use KAPS, SHFT,
XALT and CNTL). I forget precisely what anomalies it avoids and
whether there's any overlap with those addressed by func NI, but
it's definitely a Good Thing to do.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx