---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 12:32:33 -0500
From: James Ernest
To: Multiple recipients of list NOTABENE

The few minutes I was able to spend looking at NB for Windows
in San Francisco makes me think that when it comes out we'll have
something we can show our friends without having them laugh
at us. Face it, we all know NB is great, but to folks
who use Windows for everything else the suggestiong that they
should consider adopting a DOS wp comes across as ludicrous
(or Luddite). Naturally it will take some real test-driving first, but
NB-Win looked pretty slick to me. I was particularly interested in
the fine control it gives you over things like placement of vowel
points, dageshes, etc., in Hebrew; but I also saw Steve Siebert
demonstrate more generally appreciatable features such as placement
of addresses on envelopes. Very slick. Combining Windows
functionality with NB's instincts for giving the user precise control
over everything looks like a winning combination to me.

James

James D. Ernest
Senior editor, academic books, Hendrickson Publishers
Ph.D. cand., Boston College
S-MAIL: c/o Hendrickson Publishers, 140 Summit Street,
 P. O. Box 3473, Peabody, MA 01961-3473 USA
FAX: 978/573-8243     PHONE: 978/573-2243
E-MAIL: jernest@xxxxxxxx / ernest@xxxxxxxx