Re: Just wondering

On Wed, 25 Feb 1998, Carlo Caballero wrote:

>   Out of curiosity, what do you DO with even nine windows of text open
> at a time? I've never opened more than four at once in my writing, and
> three is more typical. I'm interested to know how others use a capacity
> in XyWrite that I've always thought a bit "over the top."

When preparing materials for teaching (syllabus, web stuff, lecture
materials, assignments), I draw on all sorts of files, and run out of
nine windows very easily. Not that everything I do is competing with
that many other windows, but that situation is far from uncommon.

It helps to have other applications open to manage files in other
formats, and cut & paste from those. Most of what goes to the clipboard
pastes in as normal ascii. Less dangerous than having two copies of the
same application open at once, too.

	Dorothy

*****
Dorothy Day
Indiana University
day@xxxxxxxx
*****
	"He also surfs who only sits and waits."