xywrite info

I used some search engine to find XYwrite and picked up a message from you. I
am a real novice on the net but would like more info on XY. Is this a bbs. I
am using XY 3.5? in my weekly newspaper and using a program to run multiple
search/replaces to get Pagemaker tags then importing to PM to produce my
pages.
My reporters feel they are working in the dark ages because they are in DOS
and want me to give them a Windows-based wordprocessor.
Does Xy work in windows and is there really something new coming out?
Any specific help or just pointing me in the right direction is much
appreciated.
thanks
Elliott Freireich, West Valley View, Avondale Az
ElFreireic@xxxxxxxx