Re: Multiple launches and deleting .TMP files

There are all sorts of imponderables involved, I suspect. A while back,
we were discussing this, and I created a fairly large file (1.7 Mb;
that's large for me) by copying and pasting within an already "large"
file. Last time I tried to open it, I kept getting "too many page
elements; unable to continue scrolling" unless I switched to Expanded
mode. Today I just pulled it up, and even with my e-mail app and Find
also open, I could scroll through it with no trouble. (And I had begun
this session with a use of WordPerfect, which is still a memory hog.)

One oddity I noticed a while back, and will try to reproduce: when
running XyWrite off a Zip Drive (250 Mb), I would occasionally be told
that there wasn't enough room for temp. files, and I should "make more
room" on the drive. Of course, with 250 Mb there was plenty of room; I
just assumed XyWrite "thought" it was running off a floppy. But that was
on a Win 95 machine (now gone to recycling), so perhaps that was to
blame.

Patricia M. Godfrey
PMGodfrey@xxxxxxxx