Still need help with installing XyWrite on XP!

Help!
I've got a new Vaio laptop running XP. Copied my XyWrite directory from my older XP laptop. After a little tweaking (making sure all the files were pointing in the right direction), the program ran on the new machine.

After I rebooted, however, it stopped running. Then a few days later, started again miraculously. Although the dict.spl file couldn't be found. Then it died again after I rebooted the computer.

Click on the icon or start from the RUN command and nothing happens. It is as if the program doesn't exist.

I also added an Autoexec.bat file with the following line on the new machine:

PATH=C:\XW;

I've tried running the program with and without an autoexec.bat file. Same results.

Help. I need my XyWrite.