Re: Collapsible outline

MN Ctr for Philosophy of Science wrote:

> Greetings all!
>
> For a standalone outlining tool, I'd recommend PC-Outline, a DOS-based
> program. You can collapse and expand headings & subheadings in just the
> way the original poster wanted to. You can also concatenate headings,
> break them up, move them around, promote them (from subheads to heads),
> demote them, and so on. Finally you can save an outline as text, read it
> up in XyW and massage it.
>
> Far from being the program I'd vote off the island...if I had to have
> only one program on the island, this might be it!!!

Glad someone mentioned that. I recall this tag-team effort being a popular
solution, back in the XY-3 days.

> Steve Lelchuk
> Principal Secretary
> Minnesota Center for Philosophy of Science
>
> P.S. - The manufacturer was Brown Bag Software. They may no longer be
> in business; I'm not sure. But in any case this was/is shareware and I
> could distribute it if anyone wants it.

My recollection is that this is a long orphaned product, but I couldn't
swear to that. A meta search engine pass for Brown Bag S/W would probably
give a good idea about this. (I believe I may also have an old copy of
PC-Outline somewhere in the dusty archives.)

Jordan