Re: Staying with XP after April 8 2014 (was Win 7 vs Win 8)

I tried a LapLink Mover migration from XP to another XP, and that
worked, sort of, but that is a one-shot proposition. You can get fairly
good results in some aspects (e.g. Registry and installed programs), and
the process is customizable, but the licensing sucks. If you want try
it, plan ahead very carefully (which programs you want to move etc.),
read all the documentation beforehand, backup the target system before
moving. Skip moving all programs that you can install yourself in the
target system. Chances are that some unwanted stuff is moved to your
target system. Going virtual is much cleaner.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxx