Re: XYWRITE digest 917

Bill Mallon wrote:

> I have settled on Word Port which does very poor conversions in terms of
> formatting. I end up having to reformat almost everything in MS Word -
> takes forever.

Agreed, it's not very good. (Also GPF's a lot, esp. the 16 bit version that
is supposed to run under the Win-16 subsystem in OS/2. Their later 32-bit
version does the same under NT -- depending on what you happen to be
converting into what -- though less often. The Co. seems genuinely surprised
when I report these things to them, but evasive and not terribly interested
when it comes to doing anything about it. If they had any competing product,
I would have asked for a refund.

Nevertheless, are you sure their program has no batch facility ? I have used
it infrequently, and don't recall. Another member here had a similarly large
task calling for some batch conversion process.

> I'm fairly good with XPL, although not the expert that some people on this
> list seem to be. I read XyWrite Revealed years ago, and written 1000s of
> XPL programs, so with a little help I can get this to work, but I would
> appreciate the help, if possible.

I expect there must be a way to set this up. Unfortunately, my familiarity
with XPL is very low, so I hope others will be able to lend a hand. Good
luck, and let us know how this progresses.

btw, I believe TTG is still in existence, though they keep so low a profile it
can be hard to tell.

Jordan