Re: Problems with Windows XP (OFF TOPIC)

Steve Crutchfield wrote:

> There is also a new version of OS/2 about to be released. It is called
> "eComStation", or eCS for short. It has some major upgrades to the
> look and feel, and much greater stability than either the original
> OS/2 (which was pretty good to begin with), or Windows 98.  Also
> under development (but not quite ready for prime time) are some tools
> which will eanble people to run Windows 98 programs under OS/2. I
> have the Win 98 version of "Real Player" running on my desktop at the
> moment.

I guess the real test will come when they can have several key
"heavyweight" packages like PHOTOSHOP running via ODIN (supposedly there
was a way to hack your way into getting PSHOP-4 running under OS/2, even
before ODIN, but it was arduous and not readily accessible for most
users), plus things like standard W32 games that are not ports or
emulations. That day is not here yet, but it seems to be getting closer.

Jordan