Re: Uploads: Correction [PostScript]

For the record, !T1_WT's unedited description:

"Software PostScript interpreters (e.g., GoScript or Ghostscript) cure
new-printer anxiety by printing xyWrite files to most laser, inkjet, and
dm printers. All that's needed from xyW is a PS driver. !T1_WT helps:
builds the tables, etc., needed to add new Type 1 fonts to a xyW 3
driver--hardware or software PostScript. Any xyW 4 xpl programmer who
cares to port !T1_WT will find help here too."

The catalog description errs in stating that !T1_WT helps !PROFILE and/or
!FILEPRO. !T1_WT is unrelated to either in any way. Anyone who wants the
16k (with docs) Type 1 font width table generator without downloading the
whole megillah can email me and I'll send it to you. ...

Now, as I was about to say: Freelance PostScript evangelist Don Lancaster
has launched (http://www.tinaja.com/) a Web site anyone using xyWrite
with PS in any form may find valuable.

One utility is of particular interest to anyone who needs to build xyW
driver width tables for Type 1 fonts from low-rent foundries that don't
supply .AFMs. Various ways are available to prep a .PFA for David
Clarke's PFA2WT.PS, part of !T1_WT. One way is a PFB2PFA utility, usually
available from software PS interpreter developers. If not from yours,
Lancaster's PFB2PFA.PS should fill the gap:

(http://www.tinaja.com/psutils/pfb2pfa.ps) PFB2PFA.PS conversion utility:
"Uses Acrobat Distiller (or GhostScript or ps printer with disk) to
convert PC .PFB (binary) format font files to .PFA (hex-ascii) format
font files."

No reason why PFB2PFA.PS wouldn't work with well-documented software
interpreters as well as with Ghostscript. 	--a