Cut and paste

  Maybe one of the recent messages was answering this already, but I
"just don't get it" :)
  Is there a way in Windows 95 to cut and paste to and from Xy
to and from other Windows programs? It doesn't work in the
logical way. E.g., I just used the "mark" facility (the little
dotted box on the tool bar you get when not in full-screen mode)
to select and copy a portion of this text, then I task-switched
into Xy (not in full-screen mode) and tried to paste using the
clipboard icon on its tool bar, but it threw up.
  If we could do this it would make the Windows environment
almost usable.
(Actually, it's fine if you don't want to integrate XyDos into
it; but who could live THAT way).
  Harry Binswanger
  HBinswanger@xxxxxxxx