Re: Re Keystrokes: Possible BIOS compatibility

 See interpolated comments below. M.W. Poirier

-----
On Tue, 26 Jul 2005, Robert Holmgren wrote:

> There is no problem with COMPACT.DLG -- it works fine with KEYSTROKES.
>
> > It gives me a different menu system from
> > the one you are seeing on your screen.
>
> You mean... the one I would see *if* I used the menu system...

 Yes. I still use the menus for some of my needs.

> RUN the refreshed, debugging KEYSTROK.PM routine (today's version), and tell me
> if you still get "too many program calls". I think you didn't DECODE it
> properly -- because there just aren't "too many program calls" in it! Today's
> version does NOT need to be DECODEd; you just save it to disk, and RUN it,
> as-is.

 I don't know what was causing the problem, but it certainly
 is working fine now. I ran KEYSTROKES.PM and I was frozen
 up only once with NL. Now, if I can only get my head around
 what advantage I gain by knowing all of this, since it is not
 immediately obvious to me. Thanks Robert.